Featured Consultant: Nursing Informatics Advisor (RN)
We are always interested in meeting with qualified consultants interested in working with our clients. Opportunities to join our team of seasoned clinical professionals, and to be part of this dynamic company with a “start-up” feel pop up frequently.
Our Nursing Informatics Advisors (RNs) build and grow TRG’s consulting practice by performing a broad range of nursing informatics consulting services for our clients.
Responsibilities in nursing informatics positions include:
- Providing informatics consulting services to Clients, advising them about clinical information systems and health information technology (Health IT), as well as nursing and clinical operations; and providing focused clinical project management.
- Facilitating Client projects to design, plan, build, validate, implement, maintain and optimize clinical applications, especially Epic Systems Corporation modules.
- Positioning the TRG client for success in managing complex projects, receiving reimbursement, meeting accreditation and regulatory requirements, optimizing clinical workflows and system usage; and delivering quality care to patients.
- Advising TRG Clients in strategic and business planning including workflow analysis, clinical productivity, and organizational infrastructures.
- Assisting in building and maintaining the culture of TRG with a focus on delighting clients, growing the business, contributing to the community, having fun and achieving work and life balance.
Skills and experiences for nursing informatics positions:
- Ideal candidates are Registered Nurses (RN) with demonstrated nursing practice and informatics experience.
- Epic Inpatient Orders certification required.
- Epic certification in any of the following additional areas desirable: Clinical Documentation (Clin Doc); Ambulatory; Healthy Planet; Beacon Oncology; others.
- 1-3 year(s) of build experience in Epic applications
- Clients and projects primarily located in U.S. West Coast. Travel required with remote work potential.
Why Join TRG?
We are The Robertson Group (TRG), a Pacific Northwest advisory services company based in Portland, Oregon. Since 2004, we have been serving our clients and our community as a specialized consulting firm providing certified and experienced informatics advisors. We distinguish ourselves from the larger, monolithic information technology (IT) consulting firms by staying nimble and focused while remaining true to our vision for clinician-led informatics.
All of our pharmacists, nurses, and allied health professionals have clinical and operational professional practice experience and are licensed in their field. Our advisors hold certifications in informatics, pharmacy practice, nursing, and in Epic Systems Corporation modules such as:
- Willow Pharmacy (Inpatient, Ambulatory and Inventory)
- Beacon Oncology
- Clinical Decision Support
- Healthy Planet, and more
All clients merit access to expert clinician-informaticist advisors to facilitate optimal use of their clinical information systems in order to provide safe, effective, and efficient patient care.
- High integrity and impeccable honesty in all interactions
- Knowledge and skills transfer to our Clients and their patients
- Respectful and committed to the success of our clients and our advisors
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Serve the communities in which we do business and around the planet
- Live a balanced, healthy, and happy life